Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peña Blanca Long-tailed Duck

Peña Blanca Lake does it again!  On November 4, Alan Schmierer discovered this Long-tailed Duck.  Amazingly this is the 14th rare bird seen there in 7 weeks!  See my last post for the list.  This morning my girls and I set out to see it.  While they were busy building a natural blind out of vegetation, "to hide from the ducks", I waited for a better look at the distant diving duck.  I finally got it, my third lifer in eight days!

*Note: My blog is not showing older posts on this page.  Please see the "Blog Archive" on the right for more posts.





4 comments:

  1. Big Congrats on another lifer Jeremy! AZ sure is a hotspot right now. Really like the first image you posted, great eye contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce shots! Congratulations. It's gotta be great so have such excellent opportunities close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome! Maybe our Vermilion Flycatcher traded spots with this fella...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's quite a find! I had to move to New England and drive to Maine to find one for myself! I have only birded at Pena Blanca once or twice. It was drained and closed for most of the time that I lived in AZ.

    ReplyDelete