Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rufous-winged Sparrows in the 'hood!

This morning I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to see what birds were around.  A few birds caught my attention and led me to a wide section of desert between the houses.  Rufous-winged Sparrows!  In a little over a year in this neighborhood, this is the first time I've seen them here.  I've learned in the past to always take my camera, even if I'm just going for a little stroll.  It paid off this morning, as a couple birds posed nicely for me.

Rufous-winged Sparrow
Rufous-winged Sparrow
 
A great neighborhood bird considering it's a southern AZ specialty.  I also saw some Lark Buntings, another first for me here.  But I failed to get between them and the morning sun to get a decent photo.  It had already hit 90 degrees and the sun was beating down on me.  Maybe I'll try again later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment